Born and raised in Colombia, Lula made her home in the Hamptons upon her arrival to United States nearly 16 years ago.
She has a degree in Industrial Design and always had a interest for organic products and sustainable designs. During her college years she had access to the surrounding local materials such as nuts, seeds, beans and natural fibers. She learned how to process and work with some of these materials. In conjunction with this, she developed a passion for jewelry and wearable objects.
The results are beautiful and fashionable Eco-Friendly collection of necklaces, bracelets, rings and earrings that are vibrant, fun and lightweight wearable pieces of art.
"THERE ARE MANY THINGS IN LIFE THAT WILL CATCH YOUR EYE, BUT ONLY A FEW WILL CATCH YOUR HEART...PURSUE THOSE"
* Award for Outstandig Jewelry design. GALLERY NORTH OUTDOOR SHOW, East Setauket NY, Sept 2011
* Honorable Mention for Jewelry design. GALLERY NORTH OUTDOOR SHOW, East Setauket NY, Sept 2013
* Honorable Mention on Jewelry Category. SYRACUSE ARTS AND CRAFTS SHOW NY, Sept 2016
* Honorable Mention for Jewelry design. GALLERY NORTH OUTDOOR SHOW, East Setauket NY, Sept 2015
She is an affiliate to these Galleries and Art Spaces in New York and PA:
* Parrish Museum, Water Mill, NY
* East End Arts, Riverhead, NY
* Gallery North, East Setauket, NY
* Art league of Long Island, Dixhills, NY
* Southampton Artist Association, Southampton, NY
* Bellefonte Art Museum, PA
Award for "Outstanding Jewelry Design" given by Gallery North, NY
Tagua is a palm tree nut considered the vegetable Ivory. It grows in pods named "cabezas" and are well known for its hard but smooth texture. It dries itself and it doesn't have oil that create allergic reactions.
Citrus rinds are collected from a local juice bar. They are thoroughly peeled, washed and dye with natural dyes. On winter time they are baked, on summer time they are sun dried.
Lima beans are rare bean with black or red spots that grow in South America. It is harvested every three years. They are carefully baked and treated with natural preservatives.
Bombonas are medium size round palm tree nuts that grow in the Amazon rainforest in South America. Their features are similar to the Tagua nuts.
Açai seeds come from a tall Palm tree that grows in flooded areas in South Brazil, commonly known for its fruit: The Açai berry. Their small size make them perfect for beading.
Jocaranda seed pods is the fruit of a tree that looks like a castanet, they grow in pairs covering the seeds that from a line in a middle.
**Copy rights 2015 ** All Rights Reserved**
Powered by Love